Sunday 19 October 2008

Swansea Central Library

During my travels, I went here to have a look at newspapers and maybe even go to the Archives (they're both at Swansea Civic Centre).

It was terrible weather, so at least it was a dry place to drag my friend off to. However, despite not going to the archives and not discovering anything useful in the papers, I had fun. I read local history books and turned bright green at the beautiful, beautiful public library.

I am a librarian, don't forget. It had been recently opened, using space in the Civic Centre and all in accordance with Embervision (I don't think I can even begin to explain that to those of you who aren't librarians). Just let's say it was about as perfect as a public library gets. With a view from huge windows, out over Swansea Bay.

Admittedly, it was a dreadful day, but you could still see what a gorgeous view it was.

I am still green over it and if I'd had my camera, I'd have been taking photos to show back to colleagues in my authority.

No comments: